SP Solutions has worked with Mencap for several years. This work has included budget setting, pricing services, contract negotiations and assistance in preparation for SP contract reviews
SP Solutions has worked with Rethink for several years. This work has included assistance with tender submissions, pricing services, contract negotiations and staff training
Trinity Homeless Project
SP Solutions has worked with Trinity for several years in relation to assistance with tender submissions
Chrysalis Supported Accommodation
Project:- Review of housing costs
An entirely new budget was developed and an activity based costing exercise was carried out. Bristol Housing Benefits were given a detailed explanation as to why the rent increases were necessary and the future of the organisation was secured
Northampton Borough Council
Project:- Review of sheltered housing provision
SP Solutions undertook a strategic review of sheltered housing provided by Northampton Borough Council in 2009. The review recommended a wholesale reconfiguration of the existing provision, which was subsequently implemented
National Children’s Bureau
Project:- Review of work involving Health and Well Being for Young People in Supported Housing
SP Solutions were employed by NCB to assist develop their module of the National Youth Homelessness Scheme. We solicited case studies and examples of good practice and joint working from Providers and Supporting People Team Managers. The best examples were presented on a new Web Site.
One Housing Support
Project:- Review of costs in providing housing services
This was a comprehensive piece of work, which resulted in major savings and improved quality in cleaning, window cleaning and gardening services, and furniture supply. The work included managing the tender of services through the European Procurement process. SP Solutions also arranged the interviewing and contracting of Utility Consultants who have negotiated high long-term savings
and streamlined billing arrangements for One Housing. Local Authority Council Tax departments were approached to agree one payment by schedule rather than hundreds of bills being paid to each authority.
Marcus and Marcus Ltd
SP Solutions has worked with Marcus and Marcus Ltd. for several years. Marcus and Marcus Ltd. is a private sector provider of services to people with learning disabilities in the south of England. We have assisted in budget preparation, contract negotiations, financial and pricing negotiations and tendering for new services. We have assisted the company in achieving over £2 million per year of new business. We have also delivered staff training as well as assisted in preparation for contract reviews and accreditation.
Various service providers
SP Solutions has worked with a number of other housing support and care providers.
Recent projects include:
- Working with major mental health charity to develop new services for people with complex problems in south-east England
- Feasibility study for two private sector care providers looking to expand into new geographic areas
- Working with a national charity to devise a methodology to accurately price SP funded services.
- Working with a large private sector provider of SP services to negotiate prices and implement SP service review Action Plans.
- Working with a smaller private sector provider to set up new registered care services.
- Assisting six providers with preparation for tenders for new services.
- Business Planning with a provider of nursing care services.
- Assisting a small ethnic minority service provider with implementing the outcome of an SP contract review.