Payment by Results
Payment by results (PbR) is an idea whose time has come: PbR is central to the government’s agenda for reform of social services
At SP Solutions we believe that PbR contracts can work: done properly they can release new forms of funding, improve accountability, drive innovation and creativity in service delivery and deliver improved outcomes for customers of public services
But PbR is not easy: there are complex issues that need to be solved around pricing, perverse incentives, attribution and ”cherry-picking” in order to get PbR contracts right.
SP Solutions are at the forefront of this new approach to commissioning – we understand the complexities of the issues involved and have applied our experience to the design and implementation of PbR contracts. These include
- Design of PbR contracts for Tier 3 substance misuse treatment service
- Design of PbR contract for reducing re-offending service, commissioned by LB Lewisham from Penrose Housing as part of the delivery of the pilots announced in the Ministry of Justice Rehabilitation Revolution Green Paper. The design of this contract was recently commended as an example of innovation in commissioning in an article in The Guardian by Barry Quirk, Chief Executive of LB Lewisham
- Design of Supporting People PbR contracts, as part of the national Supporting People pilots being run by DCLG
If you would like to find out more about how you can prepare for Payment by Results or develop Payment by Results contracts with a guiding hand from SP Solutions…
- Simply register your interest below
- We’ll then be in touch by email and/or phone to find out if we can help you
If you want to join the debate about payment by results in the criminal justice sector please go to the No Offence website.